This incredible award was created by Liam @ Hey Ashers! Make sure to check out his blog and the original award here. I was nominated by two of my faves, Sammie @ Bookshelves & Biros and Katherine @ Fabled Haven! Make sure to stop by their blogs/posts too ♥!
- Collect any number of images that you feel represent you as a person—your personality, aspirations, favourite things, anything at all that makes you you.
- Put your chosen images together into a collage of whatever size and shape you find pleasing.
- Share your masterpiece with everyone, in all the places.
- Maybe nominate other bloggers as a way to tell them, “Hey, you, I think you’re awesome, and we should celebrate that awesomeness.”
- Share these rules (and maybe the below tips, if you’re feeling helpful).
- Find inspiration by spending (minimum) three hours scrolling through aesthetic Tumblr posts relevant to you.
- Two great places to hunt for pictures are Pinterest and WeHeartIt. Pinterest requires an account; WeHeartIt does not.
- PicMonkey’s collage editor is free to use and doesn’t require an account, heck yes. YouTube has plenty of tutorials on how to use it; I watched this one (which begins with tips on how to find decent photos).
Okay, so I could have spent ALL DAY making this. There’s so many things that I see and I go “THIS IS MY AESTHETIC!!!!!” to. In fact I have an entire Tumblr dedicated to it. I also could have made one that consisted entirely of photos of the woods. There’s probably lots of things I missed out on here like reading (*gasp*), coffee and candles but I figured I’d include things that maybe people don’t know about me? I don’t know. Obviously, reading is a huge part of my aesthetic, but I wanted to try and focus on different things! Anyway, enough rambling. The overall theme is a mess, because that’s my life!!!!!!!!
Forest with a UFO: Aliens are real and FORESTS.
City with a storm: Storms are beautiful and despite living in a ridiculously small town I am a city girl through and through.
Abandoned house: I spend my time searching for ghosts. Abandoned places are so, so beautiful. Way more beautiful than anything new.
Space: because it’s everything??????? I’ve actually cried real tears over photos of space and I just love going outside and looking up at the sky.
Concert: Nothing makes me feel more alive than live music and music is going to be a part of me forever.
Chokers: I have like 50 of them and I wear them with everything and I have ever since they were popular in the 90s, haha.
Australian Football Legaue: Footy is such a huge part of who I am. I can’t describe my intense love for it and how intense of a supporter I am. I’m that person who actually screams at their TV like the players can hear them.
Defend Pop Punk: I’ve been emo trash since 2005 and I will forever defend pop punk, hardcore, post-hardcore ect types of music. Finding that music made me who I am so it’s a huge part of my life/aesthetic.
If you’ve been tagged already or don’t want to do it then it’s all chill. I’m super behind on posts so I’ve probably missed heaps of stuff! I’m tagging a BUNCH of people because I’m so weak for seeing what others’ aesthetic is lmao
Casey @ Adoptabookaus • Esther @ Chapter Adventures • Donna @ chocalatenwaffles • Marie @ Drizzle and Hurricane Books • Yasaman @ Following Muses • Sara @ Freadom Library • Louise @ geniereads • Vivian @ Inked in Pages • Kai @ Black Cat Kai • Kirsty @ Kirsty’s Book Reviews • Reg @ She Latitude • Puput @ Sparkling Letters • Madeline @ The SFF Bookshelf • Anna @ Reader and Proud • & everyone else who wants to do it!!!
What things make up your aesthetic?
I hope you’re all having a fantastic day!