I’m so behind on tags so I’ve managed to accumulate four nominations! I feel so honoured! I’ve decided to split this post into two parts so it doesn’t get too overbearing. A huge, huge thank you to Harker @ Harker Books and Hollie @ The Hollie Blog. They are both so, so wonderful! please make sure to check out their posts and give their blogs a follow!
This award is given to smaller bloggers to help gain recognition and also bring the book community closer together. I think it was created by The Global Aussie, but I’m not 100% sure. So correct me if I’m wrong!
1. Acknowledge the blog(s) that nominated you and display the award.
2. Answer the 11 questions that the blog gives you.
3. Give 11 random facts about yourself.
4. Nominate 5-11 blogs that you think are deserving of the award that have less than 200 followers. (I realise I have over 200 now, but at the time of the nominations I didn’t!)
5. Let the blogs know you have nominated them.
6. Give them 11 questions to answer.
Gosh, I’m so bad at this. I’ll probably repeat facts I’ve used in other posts.
- I’ve been trying to teach myself Spanish. I’m using Duolingo and other online resources, but it’s not going to well 😂 I’m really bad at the actual pronunciation and I can’t roll my “Rs” so it doesn’t sound very good 😂
- I have nearly 30,ooo songs in my iTunes library. That is 11 years worth of songs, btw. It’s safe to say that whilst my music taste is extremely varied, it hasn’t changed and probably never will. My computer and external hard drives don’t really like it though because it takes up 200GB of space.
- Sticking with music, in 2014 I was able to go backstage at a festival and meet Brendon Urie from Panic! At The Disco and it was the most amazing moment of my entire life.
- I LOVE tattoos and piercings. I used to have 10 piercings, but my body was dumb and they all started rejecting so now I only have 3 (snakebites and my nose). I have two tattoos (a music note on my left wrist and birds on my right arm) and I want to get so, so, so many more.
- I love Winter and hate Summer.
- I’ve only recently got back into reading actual books after a nearly 2 year break. I read comics during that time, but not novels.
- I lucid dream all the time and I hate it. I used to get sleep paralysis all the time too, but now it’s not as often.
- I love learning. I’m definitely not the most academic minded person, but I just love learning about everything I can. I’ve done a bunch of free online courses in psychology, social psychology, forensic science, Greek mythology and criminology.
- I want to be a web designer. I was studying for my diploma in Digital Media, but my anxiety sorta put that on hold. I’m hoping to get back to it soon though.
- I’m obsessed with buying candles.
- I have really bad allergies. I don’t think there’s a day where I’m not sneezing for at least four hours. Straight. Sometimes I’m sneezing from the moment I wake up until I go to bed. I’m currently sneezing right now as I type this lmao.
A favorite place that you’ve traveled to?
I’ve never actually left the state I live in, Western Australia. It probably explains why I have such bad wanderlust, haha. I haven’t had the oppurtunity to travel because of my anxiety and money issues.
Is there somewhere in the world you’d love to visit but haven’t?
Well, like I said above there isn’t anywhere in the world I have visited, but I’d definitely have to say London. My realistic goal is Melbourne though.
What made you want to blog and how did you get started?
I made this blog a while ago because I wanted to start requesting Netgalley books, however that never amounted to anything because my reading slump happened. I was inspired to start it again though by seeing Vivian @ Inked in Pages and Sheridan @ Sleepless and Battleworn tweet/instagram/tumblr ect. about books. I picked up Illuminae which was the first book I’d read in FOREVER and it’s what cemented everything. I started watching BookTube and it made want a place where I could share my love for rediscovering books and since I didn’t have the means to make videos I decided to come back to this blog and it was the best thing I’ve EVER done.
Rather live in the city or in the country?
City 100%. I live in a really small coastal town in the middle of nowhere and I hate it. Everyone thinks it’d be great because I’m a few minutes walk from the beach, but I don’t like the beach at all. There’s absolutely nothing to do and so many small town people are so closed minded.
What is one thing you absolutely could not live without (not counting air, water, etc.)?
Music. There isn’t a day where I don’t listen to it. It is the most important thing in the world to me. I can’t imagine a life without it.
A favorite meal you like to make?
I’m not really a cook, but I have this salad that I love making and vegetarian lasagna and green smoothies! I know that’s not a meal, but still I love making them.
Would you prefer to live up north or down south?
I currently live up north in Australia and I’m not a fan. I’d much prefer to be down south because it’s colder and a lot closer to the city.
What inspired the name of your blog?
This Pierce The Veil song
Pierce The Veil is my favourite band, this one of my favourite songs and I just love the word so much. It really resonates with me. Sometimes I think I should change the ‘Reviews’ part but oh well 😅
Would you prefer to take a cruise or stay in a ski resort for a week?
I’m terrified of the ocean and one of my biggest fears is drowning and I love the cold and have never seen snow and want to so badly so this is an easy choice! I don’t know if I’d actually do any skiing though. That wouldn’t end well.
If you could live the rest of your life within the universe of a book, which book would you choose?
I want to say Harry Potter, but since that’s just like so obvious I’m going with Percy Jackson. I don’t know how long I’d survive, but even if I was able to experience Camp Half-Blood for one day I’d be happy.
What book has most touched you?
The Yellow Wallpaper by Charlotte Perkins Gilman. I can’t even explain how much that book hit me. It’s free on Kindle and probably everywhere else on the Internet. It’s such an important book that discusses the confronting truths of mental illness and especially women who suffer from them. It was published in the late 1800s, but so many of the issues are still relevant today. I don’t get scared by books ever, but this one terrified me. It was heartbreaking and inspiring all at once. It changed my life and I’ll never forget it.
What’s your patronus?
A sloth. We are one. I can’t even think about them without wanting to cry because I love them so much.
What’s a great go-to comfort book?
I know a lot of people might say a contemporary for this, but for me it’s the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series. That book is seriously my Happy Place.
Do you or do you not reread books? Why/Why not?
I reread books! I’ve lost count of how many times I’ve reread the Harry Potter series. The spine of my copy of Order of the Phoenix is completely destroyed because I’ve read it so many times, haha. There are sooo many books I want to reread, but I just don’t have the time!
What drew you into starting a blog?
I already answered this question above, so I’ll spare you all and won’t repeat it, haha.
What’s a song that you can’t stop listening to right now?
Pierce The Veil released their new album today and it’s all I’m going to be listening to for the next five months probably..
Do you use the library? Or are you an all-out book buyer?
Occasionally! I love going to the library and I could spend ages there exploring the shelves. I jut prefer buying books because I hate having a time-frame in which I need to read the book.
Fave social media platform? Why?
It used to be Tumblr, but ever since I made this blog I’ve been on there less and less. I’d have to say it’s now probably WordPress and Twitter. I love the WordPresss community and I love Twitter because I love expressing my incoherent thoughts to the world and it’s great trying to pretend that I’m funny.
What book do you NEED to read but haven’t yet?
Oh my god what book DON’T I need to read to be honest, haha. There’s so many. I recently acquired The Star Touched Queen so I really want to read that one. I also really want to read The Bell Jar.
Can you read on trains/buses/planes?
Yes! I don’t enjoy it as much as I do reading at home, but I can do it. I just find I can’t get fully immersed, but it’s a great way to pass the time.
Recommend a Spotify playlist?
I’m that pretentious person that prefers making their own playlists. I don’t actually listen to Spotify playlists hardly ever, but this is one I have saved called “2000 and Emo” (aka my aesthetic) and it’s really good!
Puppies or Kittens (or BOTH)?
BOTH. If I was forced to choose though I’d say puppies. I’m just more of a dog person. I have a dog, whose like my child, and he’d probably be really offended if I chose kittens and I can’t have him upset with me.
My Questions & Nominations
This was hard because I feel like everyone ever has done this. If I tag you and you have already done this or don’t do awards ect. just ignore me.
(I’ll do the rest of the nominations in part 2!)
And I’m repeating questions I’ve used previously because my head hurts too much from my sinuses to think of anything new.
1) The world is ending and you have time to read one more book, what do you choose?
2) Your current phone/computer background?
3) What’s your Star Sign? Do you believe in Astrology?
4) Do you have any pets? Tell me about them! Photos encouraged if you have any so I can cry over the cuteness. Otherwise if you could have any pet in the world that you wanted, what would it be?
5) Do you have any tattoos? Would you get one if you don’t?
6) What was the last thing you searched on Google?
7) Recommend me a song!
8) What’s the prettiest book you own?
9) Can you stop in the middle of a chapter or do you have to get to the end before closing the book?
10) How is your bookshelf organised?
11) This is really important and only one of these answers is correct, but if you choose wrong, it’s okay – I won’t judge you 😉 #TeamCap or #TeamIronMan? If you don’t care about the MCU then 1) I’m jealous and 2) Just tell me the last movie you watched at the cinema instead!