For some reason I have tricked people into thinking I’m cool enough to be nominated for some awards and I’m honestly like
Make sure to check out the blogs of all the lovely people who nominated me for these awards. Thank you all so, so, so much! You’re all so wonderful!
Dragon’s Loyalty Award nominated by Kourtni @ Kourtni Reads
Rules for The Dragon’s Loyalty Blog Award:
- Display the award on your blog.
- Announce your win with a post.
- Link the blogger who awarded you.
- Present six deserving blogs with the award.
- Link your awardees in the post and let them know of their being awarded.
- Write seven interesting things about you.
I wrote quite a few facts in my Bookish & Non-Bookish facts post and I’m not really sure what else there is to say about me, but I shall try!
- I love being on my own. I can easily spend all day in the city when I make trips up there. I always go to concerts on my own too and I enjoy it so much.
- I have a pet python named Winston and a Jack Russel/Blue Heeler cross named Chesky and he is basically my child.
- I have a weird obsession with true crime. I, obviously, don’t like that it exists but I find it really fascinating and always read about it.
I promise I’m not a serial killer.
- My favourite TV show is Parks and Rec.
- I live in the middle of nowhere in Australia in a really tiny coastal town. So that’s … fun. /sarcasm
- I’m really into computer stuff like web design. I was doing my Cert IV in Digital Media and was specialising in Programming but my anxiety decided it didn’t like that. Hopefully, I’ll get to finish it once I can get it under control.
- I’m obsessed with green smoothies.
The Miranda Sings Award nominated by Giovanna @ Book Coma
- Announce your win with a post, and link the blogger who nominated you.
Include the featured image on your blog post.
- Nominate 10 bloggers (or as many as you can think of) and link your awardees in the post.
- List seven (7) things you love about yourself. (This can be about your appearance, your personality, your achievements, etc.)
- Don’t use negative connotation (i.e. Don’t say things like – “I’m prettier than an average person.” or “People have told me I’m smart.” You are pretty. You are smart.)
First of all this is the coolest award. I love Miranda. Secondly, I am even worse at saying things I like about myself. God, ok. Here goes.
- I love my taste in music.
- I love how loyal I am.
- I love that I’m trying my hardest to beat my mental illnesses.
- I love that I care about the environment.
- I love my empathy ability.
- I love how organised I manage to keep my music and book collection.
- I love how I can help people by being a paranormal investigator.
The Entertainer Blogger Award nominated by Beth @ Betwixt These Pages
HERE ARE THE RULES:
- Write a post with the award picture.
- Nominate 12 other bloggers who are funny, inspiring, and, most important of all, ENTERTAINING!
- Add these rules to the post.
- Thank the person who nominated you and leave a link to their blog!
- Also, answer these questions down below!
Why did you start a blog in the first place?
I originally made this blog because I was really into reading and wanted to try and get books from Netgalley, but then my Infamous Reading Slump™ happened and I never used it. However, I started seeing reading updates from Vivian and my other friend Sheridan (who doesn’t have a blog, boo) and I felt really motivated and inspired to try and get back into reading. I was also inspired by the BookTube community. It seemed like such a wonderful place and like a lot of fun with all the tags and discussions. Since I didn’t really want to make videos I thought I’d attempt this blog again as a place to compile all my bookish thoughts and to attempt maybe meeting some like-minded people. I had no idea what to expect, but it was better than I ever imagined and I am so happy I decided to reattempt this blogging journey!
What is your favourite book?
I shall direct you to my 5 stars shelf on Goodreads.
What do you dislike most?
I’m not entirely sure what this is referring to? Books? Blogging? Life? I guess I just really hate that I find it incredibly hard to focus. I wish I had a better attention span so I could read quicker. I also wish I could take pretty Bookstagram photos, but alas that life is not for me. If we’re talking about books then I hate instalove, love triangles (because I never seem to ship the canon pairings) and male characters who get away with being shitty because they’re “hot” or “sassy”.
What is your favourite food item from the mall?
These green smothies from this juice bar that’s at my local shops. I live in a small town so I don’t really have any food places in there except a couple little cafes. When I’m in the city I normally head straight to the salad or muffin bars. What a contradiction, I know.
What is your favourite pastime activity?
Besides the obvious it used to be Netflix but I’m in a TV slump at the moment so. I probably spend way too much time on YouTube. I guess my paranormal investigating is a pastime activity! Also sometimes on very rare occasions I’ll attempt to write, but it never ends well.
All the people who nominated me ❤ (for the ones you haven’t already done, feel free to just chose 1 of the 2!)
Everyone else who wants to because you’re all fabulous 😀 and because I’ve had 3 hours sleep and can’t think of anyone right now.
You don’t need to do all of these awards, obviously! I just found it easier to combine them in the one post. Feel free to chose whatever one you like best. Also, don’t feel obliged to do them if you don’t want! If you don’t do awards just let me know and I’ll make sure to not tag you in the future ❤