Since I’m brand new to the blogging community I decided to do a little post to introduce myself. I’m really loving being a part of things and everyone I’ve met so far has been so lovely and kind! So thank you all for being so welcoming 🙂 ♥
Anyway, onto the facts!
My name’s Lauren and I’m in my 20s. I live in a little coastal town in Australia and sadly there is only one overpriced bookstore and a Target. I have major Peter Pan syndrome. I’m addicted to caffeine and am a green smoothie enthusiast.
- I love buying physical copies of books, but I prefer reading ebooks. If I have a physical copy I’ll still probably buy the ebook and read that. I just find it so much easier.
- There are a soooo many popular book series that I haven’t read yet. For example: Everything by Cassandra Clare, The Lunar Chronicles and Throne of Glass. I haven’t even finished The Hunger Games series. I know, I know.
- The books that really got me into reading and made me fall in love with it were the Harry Potter series and the Goosebumps series.
- My favourite genres are: horror, sci-fi and dystopian.
- Besides Harry Potter my absolute favourite book series is Percy Jackson and Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake. My favourite stand-alone is a 3 way tie between Shift by Em Bailey, Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher and Beautiful Malice by Rebecca James.
- I have a non existent attention span so reading can be quiet difficult at times so I love when books are fast paced and constantly changing and have multi povs because it keeps my attention.
- I’ve been reading nearly my entire life. I remember reading the Dr Seus books when I was 3-5. I was also obsessed with The Little Golden Books and these Australian children books called Cocky’s Circle Little Books that they would sell near the check outs at supermarkets and I would force my parents and grandmother to buy me them every time we went to the shops. When I was about 7-10 I was obsessed with the Baby Sitters Club and started keeping a diary and dreamed of starting my own baby sitting club haha.
- I was in an almost year long reading slump, but got pulled out of it by reading Iluminae by Jay Kristoff and Amie Kaufman and now I’m feeling more inspired and motivated than ever before to read. It’s actually why I started this blog.
- I started reading comics and graphic novels a couple of years ago. At first I was extremely intimidated, but it didn’t take me long to feel comfortable and now I’m OBSESSED. Harley Quinn and Wanda Maximoff are the loves of my life.
- I don’t do it all the time, mostly when I’m travelling, but I can listen to music while I’m reading.
Bonus non-bookish facts
- I love Winter.It does not get cold enough in Australia.
- I have 2 tattoos (music note on my left wrist, birds on my right arm) and 3 piercings (2 lip piercings, 1 nose piercing). I used to have 10 piercings, but my body decided it didn’t like them and they rejected. I want to slowly try and get them done again. I also want waaay more tattoos.
- I LOVE MUSIC (maybe even more than reading, but shh). I have way too many favourite bands, but I love pop punk and post-hardcore the best.
- I’m a paranormal investigator.
- I’m obsessed with an Australian sport called AFL.
- I’m terrified of dolls and puppets and mannequins and anything that resembles anything close to those things. ALSO CLOWNS.
Feel free to add me on all my social media!